Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New wee brooches

I've been pottering away on a little set of brooches over the past few days, rummaging through vintage textiles and some new modern goodies that I've aquired.  These little girls are so lovely, and sweet.  They were just calling to be popped onto a quaint wee brooch to grace a persons bosom!  I'm loving working 'small' at the moment.  It's been something that I've had an obsession with since I was a small child.  Remember 'Fraggle Rock' and 'The Borrowers'?  Ah, the start of an obsession I tell you.




And this little brooch decided it needed to be part of the group this week.  The illustration is one I created while completing my design degree many years ago (I won't tell you how many, I'm sure I'm still 26/27ish?).  It is a combination of sculpture and computer graphics.  Dear Romeo and his Juliet, I spent a good part of a year working with the two of them and still have time for the tale.  I love the finished item, the aging medium over the machine embroidery is quite delicious, mmmmmmmmm.  Texture.  Love, love, love texture.



x x x Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment